Discover more from Heartland Wrestling Association (HWA) History
This Week in HWA History: Sept. 10th - 16th
Welcome to another edition of the This Week in HWA History newsletter!
This week will cover September 10th - 16th. The historical results are a little light this week and probably will be on and off for a while. There are no weekly Adrenaline TV tapings, the Hamilton shows ended in August of 2012 and the schedule was a bit irregular in places. I’ve pieced together things the best I can but there were several days this week that didn’t have any shows. I’ve noted those in the results section.
There were also no title changes of note this week either.
With that being said, let’s jump into the match of the week!
Match of the Week
For this week’s match, we’re going back to the Great Miami Event Center in Hamilton, Ohio for Jake Crist vs. Troy Marcum from the September 13, 2011 “Adrenaline” event.
No title changes of note this week.
September 10, 2000 - FOE Eagles Hall in Blanchester, OH
* The Xtremist def. Bobby Casanova (w/ GQ Masters III) to become the #1 contender to the HWA Heavyweight Title
* The A-Squad (Chet Jablonski & Pepper Parks) (w/ Brock Guffman) def. Future Shock (Logan Caine & BJ Whitmer)
* Chad Collyer (w/ Hellena Heavenly) def. Astin Augustus Ambrose Esq
* The A-Squad (Chet Jablonski & Pepper Parks) (w/ Brock Guffman) fought Cody Hawk & Anthony McMurphy to a double count out
* HWA Heavyweight Champion Race Steele def. Chip Fairway in a Falls Count Anywhere Match
* HWA Cruiserweight Champion Shark Boy and Rory Fox were declared the winners over The Hussla (Tim Moxley) in a Three Way Tables Match when both of them put Hussla through a table together.
September 10, 2008 - HWA A Fight at the Opera - Sorg Opera House in Middletown, OH
Debut of the weekly "Fight at the Opera" shows at the Sorg Opera House
* Jake Crist def. "The Madness" Chris Hall (w/JT Stahr and V-Rad) by DQ
* HWA Cruiserweight Champion Aaron Williams def. Dustin Rayz
* Nevaeh (sub. for Heather Owens) def. Mary Elizabeth
* Murder City Inc. (Benjamin & Jason Kimera) def. Dylan Bostic & Matt Taylor
* HWA Heavyweight Champion Jake Crist def. JT Stahr (w/ V-Rad)
* Sami Callihan def. Random Dragon
* Dick Rick def. Jon Moxley by DQ
* Sami Callihan def. Dylan Bostic
* HWA Tag Team Champions The GP Code (Andre Heart & Deja Vu) def. The Hybrids (Donovan Cain & Jason Lyte) in a Lumberjack Match
September 11 - No events held
September 12 - No events held
September 13, 2011 - HWA Adrenaline - Great Miami Event Center in Hamilton, OH
* Chris Hall def. Moondog Mooney
* Nick Cutler def. Ali Boombaya
* "Hollywood" Trevor Court & Jerry Andrews def. Sid Fabulous & Lightning Tim Lutz
* Jake Crist def. Troy Marcum
* Jesse Emerson def. Jeff Mayhem
* Remi Wilkins def. Ron Mathis
September 14 - No events held
September 15, 2010 - HWA A Fight at the Opera - Sorg Opera House in Middletown, OH
The final event at the Sorg
* Jesse Emerson def. Matthew Taylor
* Lil' C (w/ Andre Davis) def. Jon Murray
* Jake Crist & Jon Murray def. Eric Trice & Gerome Phillips
* Dave Crist def. Aaron Xtreme
* HWA American Luchacore Champion Ron Mathis def. Jon Moxley by DQ
September 16, 2000 - Gateway Sports Park in Dayton, OH
* The A-Squad (Chet Jablonski & Pepper Parks) (w/ Brock Guffman) def. Chip Fairway & Rory Fox
* The Xtremist def. JJ Duquesne
* BJ Whitmer def. The Hussla
* Cody Hawk & Anthony McMurphy def. HWA Tag Team Champions Bobby Casanova & GQ Masters III (sub. for Brian Fury) by DQ
* Logan Caine def. The Xtremist
* HWA Heavyweight Champion Race Steele & HWA Cruiserweight Champion Shark Boy def. Chad Collyer & Matt Stryker (w/ Hellena Heavenly) in a Texas Tornado Falls Count Anywhere Match
September 16, 2009 - HWA A Fight at the Opera - Sorg Opera House in Middletown, OH
* Jon Moxley def. Sid Fabulous
* Jesse Emerson def. Devon Maximus
* Aaron Williams def. Chris Hall
* Ron Mathis def. Kid Fabulous
* Lord Matthew Taylor & King Vu def. Irish Airborne (Dave & Jake Crist)
That wraps up this edition of the History of HWA Substack newsletter. If you want to get in touch, you can reach out in one of the following ways below:
Just a friendly reminder to please spread the word of this project to your friends! If you’ve signed up already, thanks for the support! If you haven’t signed up already, just click the subscribe button below and you’ll get this newsletter on a weekly basis!